« I Wanted to Get Control | Main | The State Protects Itself »

Feed Problem

Is this site having a feed problem?  I recommend people use the feedburner feed that is linked on the right side, but I have had two people email me to tell me my RSS feed is empty.  I have no problem reading it in google reader.  If anyone can help me with more details, that would be great.

Posted on May 16, 2008 at 07:45 AM | Permalink

Comments

I've been using Google Reader and haven't had any problems

Posted by: Captain Obviousness | May 16, 2008 8:07:50 AM

Bloglines is getting the feed just fine.

Posted by: Thomas | May 16, 2008 8:28:20 AM

I'm using the feedburner feed in Google Reader with no problems.

Posted by: nicole | May 16, 2008 8:40:08 AM

I'm good in Google Reader also. Did they mention what reader they were using?

Posted by: David, Chandler, AZ | May 16, 2008 8:50:31 AM

I use Live Bookmarks in Firefox, and it hasn't been working for me for the last week or so. It tells me it failed to load.

Posted by: Craig | May 16, 2008 9:10:45 AM

THe Sage extension in Firefox no longer picks your site up.

Posted by: Jim Hall | May 16, 2008 10:38:55 AM

The http://feeds.feedburner.com/CoyoteBlog link generates an xml error in MSIE 7.0 that an invalid character was found at line 346 character 222.

Posted by: Ian Random | May 16, 2008 11:11:32 AM

I use Google Reader as well, and I notice that your previous entry did not appear in my feed.

Posted by: Brian Martinez | May 16, 2008 11:19:14 AM

Confirmed, Firefox Beta ain't loading - last post it can access is Tort Reform in MS.

Posted by: Mesa Econoguy | May 16, 2008 3:26:34 PM

I'm using Safari's (3.1.1.) built-in RSS reader, and both feeds (Atom and RSS) seem to be working just fine, assuming there are supposed to be 54 entries.

Posted by: gmsc | May 16, 2008 3:33:56 PM

Using bloglines with http://www.coyoteblog.com/coyote_blog/atom.xml. No issues with Vista/IE 7

Posted by: Daran | May 16, 2008 3:33:57 PM

The feed from feedburner has a problem for some newsreaders (Linux Lifrea for me)

Entity: line 346:

parser
error :
PCDATA invalid Char value 3

Posted by: Cecil | May 16, 2008 5:29:35 PM

There was some strange behavior via Google Reader earlier today -- (title not found) + Feeds from one site showing up as feeds from aother - but nothing I've noted directly impacting Coyote.

At times I find that Google Reader staff is futzing about in the background without notifying anybody. And since they own feedburner something could be fubar there too.

Here's a link to the Google Group where users post "Something is broken" notices:

http://groups.google.com/group/google-reader-troubleshoot/topics

Posted by: vanderleun | May 16, 2008 6:56:40 PM

I use the Linux Feed Reader (liferea) and this is what I am getting.

XML Parser: Could not parse document:
Entity: line 383:
parser
error :
PCDATA invalid Char value 3
the Efficiency of AC/DC: Bon Scott versus Brian Johnson" by Robert J. Oxoby
Entity: line 391:
parser
error :
PCDATA invalid Char value 3
[There were more errors. Output was truncated!]
XML error while reading feed! Feed "http://www.coyoteblog.com/coyote_blog/index.rdf" could not be loaded!

Posted by: Trent Childers | May 17, 2008 1:01:10 PM

I'm reading you with Google Reader and it works all right - don't know whether that comes from Feedburner or not.

Posted by: Miklos Hollender | May 17, 2008 4:23:09 PM

Oh, I forgot something: it's unlikely on the internet but there is a small chance it might be related to the location of the reader. I'm in the UK.

Posted by: Miklos Hollender | May 17, 2008 4:24:56 PM

Hmmm,

FeedDemon is getting http://www.coyoteblog.com/coyote_blog/index.rdf just fine

Posted by: Steve | May 17, 2008 6:55:34 PM

I used whatever the first option is in Firefox (installed last summer, whatever was available then) -- I have also been having issues.

I'm in MA.

Posted by: Sukrit | May 17, 2008 9:41:19 PM

The comments to this entry are closed.